5/17/2015

Three Promising Gymnasts from Three Promising Countries

In my regular life and work, that is, the time when I am not watching gymnastics or writing about it, I try very hard to give positive feedback to younger people whose work I have to review. I have found that, very often, we focus on the errors, or, we only praise very advanced performance, but we fail to identify individuals who shine bright but are not at their top performance yet.  That's why I would like to devote this post to three gymnasts, who do not make the headline, but who are showing beautiful lines and expression. I expect to see all 3 of them advance in the next couple of years.

Sabina Ashirbayeva from Kazakhstan shows the flexibility and elegant lines we have have seen from Yussupova and Alibaeva in the past, in line with an elegant Kazakhstan tradition. My favorite routine from her this season are the clubs:



Lilit Harutuynyan, also with clubs, is by far the best rhythmic gymnast Armenia has shown in the last couple of decades. I have picked this routine, because I am flattered that she has chosen Bulgarian music. Although the pirouettes leave a lot to be desired, there is some interesting work with the clubs:



Finally, Nikoleta Dulgheru from Moldova has a beautiful ribbon routine to French music, which I love watching.Although Moldova has not had gymnasts in the world elite, I am sure they have many other talents. Nikoleta's best performance so far was at the Grand Prix tournament in Holon:



I hope you have had time to watch and enjoy these routines and to dream and imagine how these young gymnasts will delight us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment