2/09/2013

First World Cup for 2013: Amazing!

I watched Marc's livestream of the Tartu, Estonia, World Cup event and I am wowed, just wowed. First of all, the elegant Ukranian Ganna Rizatdinova deserved to win. I really enjoyed her hoop routine:




Ganna's clubs are also wonderful but I think she can work on her apparatus technique. Melitina Staniouta from Belarus, who is one of my favorite gymnasts of this century, made a big error with ball and still finished second.

But to me this tournament had three new stars with just amazing potential: Marina Durunda, Lala Yusifova (both from Azerbaijan) and the new Israeli gymnast, Nataly Mendelson. Mendelson has a lot of control in her pivots and she did a joyful, confident, and dynamic ribbon routine. Marina Durunda is very elegant and clean and shows some nice risks. Lala Yusifova is an old favorite of mine, an abolute treasure. I wrote about her here and here. I am awaiting videos from this event and will share them.

In the meantime, you can watch the apparatus finals on this livestream: http://www.gymnasticsdvd.de/live/ tomorrow at 15:00 Estionan time, which is 8 a.m. for me on the U.S. East Coast :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment